Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

News Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. News Discussion
  3. KM Feature From 1987 Games Mag

KM Feature From 1987 Games Mag

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved News Discussion
11 Posts 9 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • K
    K
    Kieran
    wrote on last edited by
    #2

    It's very interesting to read an article from when Knightmare was still in its infancy 20 years ago.

    The Pilot would be a good thing to be able to watch, someday.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • S
      S
      sozboz
      wrote on last edited by
      #3

      Really enjoyed reading this article, a great insight into a very creative process.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • I
        I
        Illusion
        wrote on last edited by
        #4

        That's a really great find.

        Well done! How did you come across it?.

        I would like to include it on the site in the next update.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • P
          P
          P*ssCloud
          wrote on last edited by
          #5

          Thanks

          I collect scans of old games magazines (don't really read them much though) and just by chance found this and thought you'd like it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • F
            F
            Fidjit
            wrote on last edited by
            #6

            Nice one fella, thats more for the site...

            Cheaper to find it here than finding one on E-Bay

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • S
              S
              Snowcat
              wrote on last edited by
              #7

              Interesting article.

              Noticed a few random bits in there, much of which was used and at least 2 that weren't which intrigue me the most.

              The room painting showing 2 semi circular stairways coming down together. (Presumably abandoned because of the difficulty of staging such a room back then)

              ... and the strange scimtar wielding character all in Chromakey Blue.

              Anyone know something about these that I don't?

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • D
                D
                Drassil
                Senior staff
                wrote on last edited by
                #8

                Thanks very much for this article.

                ... the strange scimtar wielding character all in Chromakey Blue.

                Anyone know something about these that I don't?

                Yes. For more on the swordsman, see http://knightmare.com/behind/pilot.htm

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • C
                  C
                  Ciaran
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #9

                  I went ahead and typed up the entire article from those images, as I think it's an awesome article to read. It doesn't have the pictures, but you can see the rest of the article in text form at http://neo.theblob.org/km-gamesmag-article.html .

                  Hope somebody finds this useful.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • P
                    P
                    P*ssCloud
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #10

                    Thanks for putting up the artice and that

                    I just wanna say that I didn't scan the pages if you wanna change the news item. I just picked them out of a scan that I downloaded. I don't know who originally scanned the magazine.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • N
                      N
                      Naitch
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #11

                      Great article! I enjoyed reading that.

                      I don't really recall The Games Machine.

                      At the time I was into Your Sinclair, Sinclair User, C+VG, then a bit later I was in Sega Power and Mean Machines.

                      Now I'm regular reader of Retro Gamer.

                      This was a great read though.

                      I always loved the knightmare games that came out on the Speccy and the Amiga.

                      I still play the Speccy version on my emulator a lot...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups
                      Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                      The Team

                      Join
                      Submissions
                      Contact
                      KM Chat
                      Privacy Policy

                      The Site

                      About
                      Search
                      Site Map
                      Terms & Conditions
                      Q&A

                      Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                      © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.