Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Off-Topic

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Off-Topic
  3. A Doctor Who forum but no Lost?

A Doctor Who forum but no Lost?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off-Topic
2 Posts 2 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • E
    E
    Elessar
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The natural replacement for Knightmare in my life was Lord Of The Rings (which admittedly took 7 years to arrive), followed swiftly by Lost. Does anyone agree?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • B
      B
      BBrooks
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I used to love watching Lost, I remember tuning in every week without fail, but when Sky 1 poached it from Channel 4 after Season 2 finished I just tailed away from it. I still think that Channel 4 made a big mistake by letting Lost slip through their finger's like that. I don't think it did the series any good either, when it was first broadcast on 4 it quickly gained millions of viewer's and fast became one of the most popular and talked about show's in the UK. But when Sky 1 took it, they alienated a lot of UK viewer's who (at the time) didn't have Sky or only had Freeview and so they couldn't watch it again (and they still can't). Suddenly the interest in Lost (in the UK) became less so.

      This has happenend to another show I like called "Supernatural", season 4 on ITV2 ended with a really good cliff-hanger but by the time season 5 was about to start it was suddenly on Living, and as I've only got Freeview I can't watch it. 😠 So the only American-made show (for me) that was left was "Heroes" and that's just been axed.

      This will never happen, but if "Doctor Who" was ever taken from the BBC, it would probably be the final nail in the coffin for UK television. With reality show's like "Strictly Come Dancing", "Over (the bloody) rainbow" and The X Factor polluting the airwaves year in year out, not to mention "Katie and Peter", "Big Brother" and yesterday (on here) I read that ITV1 is to remove all Children's programmes from it's schedules. A terrible decision. These people who are responsible for the input on TV really need to wake-up and see how bad it really is. They need to pull their finger's (well and truly) out.

      I've just had a look at today's Terrestrial TV listings and it's all repeats mostly of show's like "Bargain Hunt", "Murder She Wrote", "Come Dine with me" and "CSI NY/Miami and NCIS". DW is the only really good thing on Terrestrial tonight.

      That's why I watch mostly Freeview channels like Dave and ITV3 and 4 that broadcast old show's that deserve repeats such as "Minder", "Red Dwarf" and "Bottom" etc.

      I'm sorry I've rambled a bit during this post. So in answer to your question Elessar? Yes Lost for me was a replacement for KM along with Lord of the Rings, New-Who, The Crystal Maze and Primeval. Also Classic repeats of "Robin of Sherwood" and "Blackadder" and CITV shows like "Zzzap!" and "Jungle Run". I hope that one day will get to see KM on ITV again.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      • Login

      • Don't have an account? Register

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Groups
      Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

      The Team

      Join
      Submissions
      Contact
      KM Chat
      Privacy Policy

      The Site

      About
      Search
      Site Map
      Terms & Conditions
      Q&A

      Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
      © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.