Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Doctor Who

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Off-Topic
  3. Doctor Who
  4. Matt Smith is rumoured to quit Doctor Who next year.

Matt Smith is rumoured to quit Doctor Who next year.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Doctor Who
8 Posts 5 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • B
    B
    BBrooks
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/835281-matt-smith-planning-to-quit-doctor-who-for-glittering-hollywood-career

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • D
      D
      DarkComet
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Highly dubious. IIRC, he's signed up to a minimum of three series, which is a contractual obligation that can't be broken.

      Also, it's the Metro. Take anything that appears exclusively in it with a hefty dab of Sodium C.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • VeldaV
        VeldaV
        Velda
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I've just seen a topic about this on the SFX forum...but no-one is taking it seriously. I think he'll stay for longer than 3 years in the role myself...well, hopefully he will cos I think he's right up there with Tom Baker as one of the best Doctors

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • D
          D
          DarkComet
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          According to my keen Redditor skills (which amounts to drinking bacon milkshakes and straddling narwhals), it seems the Metro is the only tabloid running this story. In light of this, I'm calling shenanigans.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • B
            B
            BBrooks
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            According to my keen Redditor skills (which amounts to drinking bacon milkshakes and straddling narwhals), it seems the Metro is the only tabloid running this story. In light of this, I'm calling shenanigans.

            It's not just the metro, it's also The Sun, The List, Now Magazine and Den of Geek who are also running it, I know there all famous for bending the truth a bit so there's a reason for not getting too worried. I hope he doesn't go just yet, it would be much too soon.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • D
              D
              DarkComet
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              ... I stand by my previous calling of shenanigans.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • D
                D
                Darren
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I read about this the other day, I heard The Sun was the source of this. Anyway, i'm disregarding this, I very much doubt it will be the case. Until there is an official source, i'll just take it as another rumour.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • K
                  K
                  Kieran
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  It's just a rumour. No news is bad news from a popular TV show, so they just make it up instead

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  • Login

                  • Don't have an account? Register

                  • Login or register to search.
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Categories
                  • Recent
                  • Tags
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Groups
                  Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                  The Team

                  Join
                  Submissions
                  Contact
                  KM Chat
                  Privacy Policy

                  The Site

                  About
                  Search
                  Site Map
                  Terms & Conditions
                  Q&A

                  Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                  © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.