Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Off-Topic

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Off-Topic
  3. Mega-zine (Teletext)

Mega-zine (Teletext)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off-Topic
14 Posts 7 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • PookaP
    PookaP
    Pooka
    wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I liked Bamboozle. I played it every day.

    I wrote a letter of complaint to Teletext about a very tasteless joke on the children's cartoon "Turner The Worm". I didn't get a response.

    Ceefax apparently had good music/muzak when it was displayed on TV after hours. David (Drassil) knows more about this than I do.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • D
      D
      DarkComet
      wrote on last edited by
      #6

      Was it the whole "invite turkey to xmas dinner, then eat it" thing they did EVERY year? Yeah, that made me rage.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • PookaP
        PookaP
        Pooka
        wrote on last edited by
        #7

        Yes, that one.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • D
          D
          DarkComet
          wrote on last edited by
          #8

          Thought so. Don't know what's worse - the fact that killing and eating someone you invite for dinner was played FOR LAUGHS on a KIDS TELETEXT PAGE, or that it was the only xmas-related plot he could come up with every year. Unfortunate Implications, indeed.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • H
            H
            hindleyite
            wrote on last edited by
            #9

            I was proud to call myself a 'Ziner way back at the turn of the century. I wish I'd kept some of the stupid emails I've sent to them, they'd be fun to read again! I remember writing stuff about Ford Focuses being rubbish (who drives those now, eh?), unusual things you can do with a walking stick, daft quotes from TV adverts etc. I like to think WLW (Whirlwuh?) went on to become Top Gear's the Stig.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • C
              C
              Canadanne
              wrote on last edited by
              #10

              I wish I'd kept a copy of my 'Zine contributions, too. I remember writing a genius poem once (something to do with a bumble bee?) that's now sadly lost forever. 😕

              Shame it all went downhill in the later years. The day I noticed that White Line Warrior wasn't even writing his/her/its comments below the white line any more, it truly jumped the shark for me...

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • H
                H
                hindleyite
                wrote on last edited by
                #11

                I wish I'd kept a copy of my 'Zine contributions, too. I remember writing a genius poem once (something to do with a bumble bee?) that's now sadly lost forever. 😕

                Shame it all went downhill in the later years. The day I noticed that White Line Warrior wasn't even writing his/her/its comments below the white line any more, it truly jumped the shark for me...

                Probably better we've forgotten exactly what we've written because, in my case anyway, I'm sure my contributions were nowhere near as good as I remember.

                I found it weird that WLW's comments, which were part written in large text and part in a smaller size, felt like they were being shouted for the first half and whispered the second, a bit like some of those image macros and motivational pics with the black frames you get on the Internet today. Teletext>Internet!

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • D
                  D
                  Drew
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #12

                  Yep I used to post on there between 2000-2002 I think. I was Dark Grey Wolf of Norbex and a few others.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • C
                    C
                    Canadanne
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #13

                    Yep I used to post on there between 2000-2002 I think. I was Dark Grey Wolf of Norbex and a few others.

                    Ah, I remember that name!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • H
                      H
                      hindleyite
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #14

                      Yep I used to post on there between 2000-2002 I think. I was Dark Grey Wolf of Norbex and a few others.

                      Uh huh, the name rings some bells. Now all we need is for the Brigadier and Kellogulation to saunter over here and essentially we have a non-Vegetable Revolution reunion! Break out the Watered Lemon Wine.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups
                      Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                      The Team

                      Join
                      Submissions
                      Contact
                      KM Chat
                      Privacy Policy

                      The Site

                      About
                      Search
                      Site Map
                      Terms & Conditions
                      Q&A

                      Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                      © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.