Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Off-Topic

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Off-Topic
  3. My first ever recorded song

My first ever recorded song

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off-Topic
2 Posts 2 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • L
    L
    LiamABC
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    For those that don't know, I write songs. Last year, I recorded one for the first time. I played all the instrumental parts - guitar, bass, piano and horns - myself, all on my keyboard. My one cheat was the drums, one of the keyboard's preset rhythms, but considering I was doing everything else myself, I can be allowed that one.

    The song is called the Two Ronnies Blues, and it's up on youtube.

    I also sent it to Mitch Benn (who does the funny songs on The Now Show), and he liked it enough to play it on his comedy song podcast no22 (which you can still find on his website if you go to podcasts, and scroll down - and possibly click on "older podcast stuff").

    I don't like my vocal performance on it, but I stand by the written article. Obviously you'll get more out of it if you're more familiar with The Two Ronnies, but it's still fun. And I am very proud of my piano solo.

    I'm also currently working on another song, but what with one thing and another it may be a while before I can get it completed.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • JamesAJ
      JamesAJ
      JamesA
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I'm guessing this is the song in question? The piano parts are very reminiscent of Elvis whilst the trumpet made me think of an Etta James classic, "I Just Want To Make Love To You".

      I also know what Jared Christmas is like too, having seen him on Never Mind The Buzzcocks!

      All in all, a good song you've done there - I quite like it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      • Login

      • Don't have an account? Register

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Groups
      Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

      The Team

      Join
      Submissions
      Contact
      KM Chat
      Privacy Policy

      The Site

      About
      Search
      Site Map
      Terms & Conditions
      Q&A

      Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
      © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.