Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Off-Topic

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Off-Topic
  3. Just recorded my second song

Just recorded my second song

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off-Topic
3 Posts 1 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • L
    L
    LiamABC
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    OK, I've just uploaded "Throwaway World" onto youtube:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=affJIrr_yHU

    I originally wrote this song in 2002-3, as a commentary on how disposable modern standards have become. I finally got round to recording it this last week. As with my first song, I played all the instrumental parts myself, all on my keyboard. I'm not a fan of my vocal performance, but I think the written article holds up.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • L
      L
      LiamABC
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      OK, ignore the link above, the revised version is at:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqhUIbcKLs

      The only difference is I've added a few extra manual drumbeats which I meant to put on in the first place but forgot!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • L
        L
        LiamABC
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        All right, "Throwaway World" mark III, is now up:

        http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=i6uuGfQ-pHY

        The vocal intro makes the difference. More attention-grabbing, methinks. I'd thought of doing a single guitar chord along the lines of The Beatles' "Helter Skelter", but I wasn't quite sure how to translate that to my keyboard, so I went with the vocal start instead. Still works. And, as I've said before, this is a song I'm proud to have written. If you don't like the disposable standards of modern like, then this song is for you!

        1 Reply Last reply
        0

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        • Login

        • Don't have an account? Register

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Tags
        • Popular
        • Users
        • Groups
        Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

        The Team

        Join
        Submissions
        Contact
        KM Chat
        Privacy Policy

        The Site

        About
        Search
        Site Map
        Terms & Conditions
        Q&A

        Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
        © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.