Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Channel 5: Greatest Kids' TV Shows

Channel 5: Greatest Kids' TV Shows

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
16 Posts 9 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • P
    P
    pjmlfc05
    wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Argh forgot about this. If it is on demand I will watch it. Surely it's gotta be in there somewhere!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • C
      C
      Canadanne
      wrote on last edited by
      #6

      I watched it, no Knightmare. The Channel 4 one a few years ago was better, I thought.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • PookaP
        PookaP
        Pooka
        wrote on last edited by
        #7

        Same here. No Knightmare and a load of shows which probably shouldn't have been there, plus the iconic ones.

        I agree about Channel 4's Top 100. Having said that, they had 100 and a public vote, so they had more to play with.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • F
          F
          fluttermoth
          wrote on last edited by
          #8

          So, which show would we all have got rid of to put Knightmare in?

          I'd dump Chorlton and the Wheelies; never understood the appeal of that. It's worse than In the Night Garden.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • T
            T
            TimeMaster
            wrote on last edited by
            #9

            So, which show would we all have got rid of to put Knightmare in?

            I'd dump Chorlton and the Wheelies; never understood the appeal of that. It's worse than In the Night Garden.

            No - Chorlton is a legend! Personally I never liked SM:TV with Ant and Dec which featured very high up the list.

            Perhaps I'm clutching at straws but I wonder if Channel 5 were limited as to what they could show clips of, due to broadcasting rights etc?

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • T
              T
              TimeMaster
              wrote on last edited by
              #10

              I watched it, no Knightmare. The Channel 4 one a few years ago was better, I thought.

              How did Knightmare do in that one?

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • P
                P
                pjmlfc05
                wrote on last edited by
                #11

                I could be wrong but sure it was 14th. If not I believe it was in the top 20.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • A
                  A
                  AriadnesLayer
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #12

                  There was actually very little 90s in it. It's like the show was made by people who grew up in the 70s and 80s, so it was all their nostaliga. And some modern shows from the 00s and 10s thrown in just so it wasn't all about old shows.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • GundradaG
                    GundradaG
                    Gundrada
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #13

                    There was actually very little 90s in it. It's like the show was made by people who grew up in the 70s and 80s, so it was all their nostaliga. And some modern shows from the 00s and 10s thrown in just so it wasn't all about old shows.

                    I think it was people who grew up in the 70's and 80's, and the only reason 00's and 10's were featured becuse it's something their children were most likely to have watched.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • M
                      M
                      Mogdred
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #14

                      When Channel 4 do those "Top 100" shows, The Simpsons comes No.1 every time, no matter what the category!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • T
                        T
                        TimeMaster
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #15

                        When Channel 4 do those "Top 100" shows, The Simpsons comes No.1 every time, no matter what the category!

                        And much as I enjoy The Simpsons it isn't even really a kids show!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • wombstarW
                          wombstarW
                          wombstar
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #16

                          Mostly kids watch it.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          • Login

                          • Don't have an account? Register

                          • Login or register to search.
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Categories
                          • Recent
                          • Tags
                          • Popular
                          • Users
                          • Groups
                          Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                          The Team

                          Join
                          Submissions
                          Contact
                          KM Chat
                          Privacy Policy

                          The Site

                          About
                          Search
                          Site Map
                          Terms & Conditions
                          Q&A

                          Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                          © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.