Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Behind the Scenes

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Behind the Scenes
  4. Looking for episode where someone falls off bridge into lava

Looking for episode where someone falls off bridge into lava

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Behind the Scenes
9 Posts 4 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • L
    L
    lavamonster
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    As title: does anyone know which episode someone is on a bridge and they somehow fall off into a lava river to their death? Thanks!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • HStormH
      HStormH
      HStorm
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Off the top of my head, I don't think that ever happened. You may be confusing memories of Gavin at the start of season 3, who stepped off a pathway and 'drowned' in quicksand, and Ross from team 6 in the same season, who fell off a narrow bridge over a bottomless pit.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • C
        C
        Canadanne
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        The only time I can remember seeing a bridge over lava is in Series 1 episode 6 (first room of Richard's quest), but they didn't fall off it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • L
          L
          lavamonster
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Hmm. The plot thickens. I had hoped it was Knightmare and not this...:

          There is a chance that this scene from was a different series then. At the risk of going slightly off topic, I think it was a series with Sylvester Mccoy in front of a big video screen in a studio and he showed a boy falling to his death of a bridge into some lava. It was in the late 80s. Anyone have any clue?

          Apologies if going off topic is against the rules... it was originally a Knightmare question at least. 😉

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • HStormH
            HStormH
            HStorm
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Jigsaw, maybe?

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • C
              C
              Canadanne
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              UKGameshows.com says Sylvester McCoy also hosted Starstrider in the '80s, but I haven't seen it so don't know if that could be it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • HobGoblinH
                HobGoblinH
                HobGoblin
                Staff
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Interestingly, the Wikipedia entry for Starstrider describes a pre-Knightmare blind man's bluff style 'light maze' round.

                McCoy also hosted a kids tv show called What's Your Story? In which viewers phoned in plot suggestions. I can't remember if lava was involved though!

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • HStormH
                  HStormH
                  HStorm
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  McCoy was also a semi-regular on Eureka, which was a sort of cross between Tomorrow's World and a Krankies-style sketch show. He often had to dress up in that, as I remember, so that's possible.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • HStormH
                    HStormH
                    HStorm
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    An episode of Starstrider can be seen here: https://youtu.be/zgGT_gKuakM.

                    Funnily enough, I had no memory of it when Canadanne mentioned it earlier, but I do now dimly remember watching a few episodes of it. At the time, I associated McCoy only with Tiswas and Jigsaw, so it had to be before he became the 7th Doctor, although I didn't recall the series being as early as 1984; if pressed I'd have said about 1986 or 87. Roger Sloman is the host, and you might recognise him from plenty of TV in the 1980s and 90s, especially playing bureaucratic, by-the-book types, or yokelly farmer figures. Remember Three Fingered Pete from the sixth episode of The Black Adder? "Good shot! Looks like I'm going to have to... cheat." That was him.

                    The odd thing about Starstrider in this episode is that he looks like he's wearing Lord Fear's cloak, while, unfortunate sign of the times, blacking up as Ah Wok! Another sign of the times is the kids in the audience laughing much too loudly under clear instruction from the floor manager whenever something silly happens. Notice how the contestant on the bucking buffalo gets away with saying The Rocky Mountains are in South Africa, then changing it to South America, and she is still given the point, even though the Rockies are of course in NORTH America.

                    The only regular round I can remember is the one where the have to walk on the lit up slabs. Step on a pink slab you score ten points, step on a white one you lose ten.

                    The only other thing I very vaguely remember for some reason is a scene in one instalment where Wart (SlyMac's character) tries to find a purpose for a toffee apple, and Starstrider tries to explain that Wart has to "put it in himself," which seems decidedly naughty for a kids' show. They come from a planet where no one eats, where eating is a completely abstract concept, and so Wart spends the whole show experimenting with stuffing the stick up his nose, and in other places, before inadvertently eating the apple and finding he rather likes the sensation of taste.

                    In short, not a terribly good show. And no, getting actually to the point; I have no memory at all of ANY episode I saw in which someone fell into lava. But then I doubt that I saw all the episodes, it wasn't exactly the highlight of my viewing week.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    • Login

                    • Don't have an account? Register

                    • Login or register to search.
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Categories
                    • Recent
                    • Tags
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Groups
                    Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                    The Team

                    Join
                    Submissions
                    Contact
                    KM Chat
                    Privacy Policy

                    The Site

                    About
                    Search
                    Site Map
                    Terms & Conditions
                    Q&A

                    Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                    © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.