Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Characters you wish they had played

Characters you wish they had played

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
6 Posts 5 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • C
    C
    Canadanne
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Imagine that the various Knightmare actors had each played an additional role in the show. What sort of characters do you think they would have been good at?

    In particular:

    • Which KM actors would you have liked to see as a powerful evil character?

    • Of the actors who only played baddies or neutrals, which ones can you imagine as a friendly character?

    Personally, for the villains I can picture Edmund Dehn as a sneering Lord Fear type, and Joanne Heywood as some kind of wicked sorceress. I would probably pick Edmund for the friendly character too - he does that serene wisdom thing very well, so he could have been a good monk or something.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • HStormH
      HStormH
      HStorm
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I think Cliff Barry would have done a useful job playing an ambiguous/neutral figure. He made Lissard very sinister and even mysterious, and I sometimes think that was kind of wasted, because, hey, he's Lord Fear's seneschal, it's pretty easy to figure out whose side he'll be on. When he played Brother Strange, he was playing an eccentric goodie, and Raptor wasn't much of a character at all. He would have been great playing a lone agent with no apparent loyalty to either side, and who either side might be able to do a deal with.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • M
        M
        Mashibinbin
        Staff
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I'd have liked to see Hugo play someone within the dungeon as well. It would mostly not be feasible without him telling Pickle, Majida or simply the advisor's that he'd had a dodgy clue room pineapple and required an urgent phase shift. As he played all allegiances through the series' run he'd have been just at much home being good, bad or neutral.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • C
          C
          Canadanne
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          It would have been good to see Audrey Jenkinson play a more aggressive character - perhaps Gibbet's equally narky sister.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • SkarkillS
            SkarkillS
            Skarkill
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I'd have liked to have seen what Stephanie Hesp could have done with a role that was an out and out dungeon villain as apposed to the more 'of the grey' characters she played (Mind I'd have just liked to have seen more of Stephanie. )

            Ditto for Clifford Norgate I'd have liked to have seen him get a villainous role that was more then just a roaming password guard as The Dreadnought was.

            The already mentioned Joanna Heywood as a villain and Edmund Dehn as a good guy also rank high on my list.

            and on a similar vain to Mashibinbin I'd have liked to have seen what Jackie Sarwiss could have done with an in Dungeon role either PTB aligned or servent of The Opposition

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • B
              B
              Bumptious
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I was actually thinking about something similar a few days ago. I was mulling over who could have played some characters from the Knightmare books.

              I felt the baddie from the very first book, the Gruagach, would have been a fine addition to the show. I recall he was described as having sharp features, so I reckon Lawrence Werber would have been a good fit. He could have used the drawling voice he used for the Dragon, but with a hint of Cedric thrown in.

              I've always thought that the evil elf king, Arawn, would have been an excellent alternative villain. Given that the second book coincided with series three, I initially thought of Tom Karol. However, I think Paul Valentine would have been perfect in the role . Plus, it would have been interesting to see Paul play a straight baddie.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              • Login

              • Don't have an account? Register

              • Login or register to search.
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Categories
              • Recent
              • Tags
              • Popular
              • Users
              • Groups
              Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

              The Team

              Join
              Submissions
              Contact
              KM Chat
              Privacy Policy

              The Site

              About
              Search
              Site Map
              Terms & Conditions
              Q&A

              Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
              © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.