Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

News Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. News Discussion
  3. Knightmare on Teletext - Recoveries!

Knightmare on Teletext - Recoveries!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved News Discussion
19 Posts 10 Posters 7 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • P
    P
    Picklemyfav
    wrote on last edited by
    #7

    cccccooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllll

    that is awesome.......... >

    you could make a knightmare dvd game like what they did with raven..................

    .............just an idea

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • DuxBellorumD
      DuxBellorumD
      DuxBellorum
      wrote on last edited by
      #8

      Yes, I remember this from the time!

      Really great to see it again.

      I was such a fan of Bamboozle, but to have it replaced with Knightmare was a fantastic thing!

      I miss Teletext...

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • D
        D
        Drassil
        Senior staff
        wrote on last edited by
        #9

        I'm still hoping that another Knightmare Teletext adventure will be recovered. In the meantime, for anyone who missed it, To The Ice Palace Of Aesandre was recreated as a playable adventure by Paul Kelly at http://www.castleteletext.com/pages/Page%20458.htm

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • C
          C
          Canadanne
          wrote on last edited by
          #10

          Three random pages from a different Knightmare Teletext adventure (January 1994) have been recovered:

          http://twitter.com/grim_fandango/status/1308126473824464898

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • D
            D
            Drassil
            Senior staff
            wrote on last edited by
            #11

            The Teletext Archive (which I know about thanks to Canadanne/Annie) has a recovered Channel 4 page from 25/12/88 promoting the Knightmare Teletext adventure that was to run from 26/12/88 to 2/1/89, based on the first (and back then only) Knightmare gamebook.

            Searches of the archive for other relevant words (Treguard, Hordriss) appear to bring up various pages of the Knightmare adventures. However, when I click on them, I get Bamboozle pages instead.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • C
              C
              Canadanne
              wrote on last edited by
              #12

              I don't remember seeing this page before! (Recovered from 28th May and 12th July 1994.)

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • HStormH
                HStormH
                HStorm
                wrote on last edited by
                #13

                Teletext is being revived online.

                https://www.nathanmediaservices.co.uk/teletext-viewer/

                Some of it is new, some of it old. I haven't found any of the old KM pages on it so far, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • D
                  D
                  Drassil
                  Senior staff
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #14

                  I'm still hoping that another Knightmare Teletext adventure will be recovered.

                  It's happened! There are now two restored (i.e. playable) Knightmare Teletext adventures online:

                  • To the Ice Palace of Aesandre

                  • Journey through the Lairsdale

                  You can play both on Andrew Nile's website here.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • s4t8brettS
                    s4t8brettS
                    s4t8brett
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #15

                    That's really incredible, Drassil; thank you for sharing the news!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • C
                      C
                      Canadanne
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #16

                      I'm still hoping that another Knightmare Teletext adventure will be recovered.

                      It's happened! There are now two restored (i.e. playable) Knightmare Teletext adventures online:

                      • To the Ice Palace of Aesandre

                      • Journey through the Lairsdale

                      You can play both on Andrew Nile's website here.

                      Good grief, the second one. I'm pleased it's been recovered, but yikes...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • TemporalDiscussionT
                        TemporalDiscussionT
                        TemporalDiscussion
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #17

                        Paul Rose, aka. Mr. Biffo, has recorded a playthrough of the two available games with his wife on their YouTube channel. Paul created the graphics for the games based on Michael Cule's scripts.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wYYkI95GXo&t=2675s

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXBClK4C_YY

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • D
                          D
                          Drassil
                          Senior staff
                          wrote last edited by
                          #18

                          About 27 years ago, I had my first interaction with this website: an email reminiscing about the Knightmare Teletext games.

                          I'm pleased to tell you that there are now four restored Knightmare Teletext games available to play:

                          • Eagle Quest (1993)
                          • To the Ice Palace of Aesandre (1993)
                          • Journey through the Lairsdale (1993)
                          • Swamp Quest (1994)

                          https://andrewnile.co.uk/tt/

                          Thank you to Andrew Nile, Neil Miles, Adrian Burke and Alistair Buxton.

                          C 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • D Drassil

                            About 27 years ago, I had my first interaction with this website: an email reminiscing about the Knightmare Teletext games.

                            I'm pleased to tell you that there are now four restored Knightmare Teletext games available to play:

                            • Eagle Quest (1993)
                            • To the Ice Palace of Aesandre (1993)
                            • Journey through the Lairsdale (1993)
                            • Swamp Quest (1994)

                            https://andrewnile.co.uk/tt/

                            Thank you to Andrew Nile, Neil Miles, Adrian Burke and Alistair Buxton.

                            C
                            C
                            Canadanne
                            wrote last edited by
                            #19

                            @Drassil said:

                            I'm pleased to tell you that there are now four restored Knightmare Teletext games available to play:

                            • Eagle Quest (1993)
                            • To the Ice Palace of Aesandre (1993)
                            • Journey through the Lairsdale (1993)
                            • Swamp Quest (1994)

                            https://andrewnile.co.uk/tt/

                            Wow, brilliant that they've all been found!

                            Eagle Quest is the only one I remember playing back in the day. I never managed to complete it and apparently I am still no better at it. 😀

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            • Login

                            • Don't have an account? Register

                            • Login or register to search.
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Categories
                            • Recent
                            • Tags
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Groups
                            Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                            The Team

                            Join
                            Submissions
                            Contact
                            KM Chat
                            Privacy Policy

                            The Site

                            About
                            Search
                            Site Map
                            Terms & Conditions
                            Q&A

                            Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                            © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.