Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. GamesMaster - Epic Studios / Anglia Square

GamesMaster - Epic Studios / Anglia Square

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
4 Posts 4 Posters 7 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • P
    P
    PGoomba
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi all,

    Haven't posted here in a long while (minus a small spam annoyance a short while ago).

    Seeing as I live literally 5 mins round the corner from Epic Studios (the old Anglia Studios - Studio E where Knightmare was filmed), I thought I'd provide a quick update on the area and of an odd, but very welcome event that happened there.

    Firstly, Epic Studios is still there. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Anglia Square adjacent to it, which is being torn down to be redeveloped into new housing / retail / community space. Only two buildings remain that should soon be demolished including Sovereign House, former location of Her Majesty's Stationary Office many moons ago.

    Secondly, Dominik Diamond - the legendary host of the classic 90's video game TV show GamesMaster (of which I was a HUGE fan) was convinced fairly recently to come down to Epic Studios and do a sort of unofficial episode of GamesMaster, including video game challenges, as well as comedy and GM nostalgia - all hosted by the man himself; all this was quite strange seeing as Dominik has lived in Canada for some years now so for him to pop down to Norwich of all places, and 5 mins up the road from me, was just incredibly fortuitous!

    I managed to sign up to the only challenge slot left - a Smash Bros 64 challenge (DD wanted to include challenges that never made to air that he wanted to see), which I lost badly, but I didn't care - I was over the moon being verbally eviscerated by the man himself, who was known for his merciless scorn and banter. Sometimes life throws some real oddballs at you and this is something I never expected - to be a GM contestant (sort of), hosted by Dominik himself, many many years after the show was cancelled.

    Anyway, I thought that was worth sharing with everyone.

    Epic_RetroRumble.jpg — Gamesmas...I mean Dominik Diamond's Retro Rumble!

    AngliaSquare.jpg — Anglia Square....is not still there.

    Epic.jpg — Epic Studios - it's still there!

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • D
      D
      Drassil
      Senior staff
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Welcome back, Paul - and thanks for a fantastic update!

      While only a chosen few got to experience Studio E / EPIC Studios as Knightmare contestants - in 1987-94 and for the YouTube Geek Week episode in 2013 - many more of us got to enjoy it as the venue for the Knightmare Convention in 2014. To know that it's now hosted a GamesMaster nostalgia trip too is great news. I'm glad you were able to be so involved.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • JamesAJ
        JamesAJ
        JamesA
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Thanks for sharing. It's good to see that Epic Studios is still around and also hosting events on most evenings.

        As for Dominik Diamond, I'll be going to see his show "Dominik Diamond Sings The Video Games" in London later this month and am really looking forward to it. He's since announced follow-up shows in Bury and Blackpool next month, so hopefully it won't be too long before he's back in Norwich...

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • DuxBellorumD
          DuxBellorumD
          DuxBellorum
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          Thanks for the update and Welcome Back!!

          That looks like great fun, I was a huge fan of GamesMaster back in the day...

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Groups
          Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

          The Team

          Join
          Submissions
          Contact
          KM Chat
          Privacy Policy

          The Site

          About
          Search
          Site Map
          Terms & Conditions
          Q&A

          Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
          © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.