Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Which XVID codec to use?

Which XVID codec to use?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
6 Posts 6 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • M
    M
    Moggydredlock
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi, thought I'd say hello to everyone else here as I make my debut on this ever-so-wonderful Knightmare message board. I don't know how often I'll post as I'm quite busy with a bit of work often, but anyway...

    I was having a gander at Leggy's Series 4 AVIs page and noticing the XVID link at the top.  Upon loading that link, it brings me to a download page with many different XVID codecs to choose from.  But I just wanted to know which is the best/recommended one to use?  Thankies.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • G
      G
      GrimaldineGrimwold
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I'm afraid I have no idea about your question, but I'll say "hello and welcome" anyway.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • W
        W
        WhiteDevil
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        hello and welcome

        The codec you will probably need is Koepi's Stable Binary + StatsReader, it doesnt matter which mirror link you use.

        However i dont use those at all, i use the KL Codec Pack.. It contains the newest codecs that are availble and is frequently updated... It can be downloaded from:

        Here OR

        Here OR

        Here

        Best wishes

        WhiteDevil

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • G
          G
          Gerz
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Welcome

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • P
            P
            Pickle123
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            welcome hug

            hope you don't think im being too personal

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Leggy1210L
              Leggy1210L
              Leggy1210
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I use Koepi's XVID build for the encodes. I've not really noticed much difference with this one and Nic's build to be honest!

              1 Reply Last reply
              0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              • Login

              • Don't have an account? Register

              • Login or register to search.
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Categories
              • Recent
              • Tags
              • Popular
              • Users
              • Groups
              Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

              The Team

              Join
              Submissions
              Contact
              KM Chat
              Privacy Policy

              The Site

              About
              Search
              Site Map
              Terms & Conditions
              Q&A

              Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
              © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.