Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Reminds me of Knightmare

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Reminds me of Knightmare
  3. Shadowgate

Shadowgate

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Reminds me of Knightmare
7 Posts 5 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • G
    G
    Gerz
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Has anyone played the NES Game Shadowgate? It is really simular to Knightmare on many levels.

    Firstly it is set in a Knightmare style Castle, with all kind of scary creatures.

    The puzzles are also simular to Knightmare, yuou got to pick up objects and use them (you can carry as much as you like)

    There are also many traps that you can fall into too.

    The game also features a simular life force type thing as in Knightmare, only instead of food, you need to keep your touch lit, and if that goes out you will die,  you have to collect more touches to stay alive, also if you make one mistake, it could kill you (just like on the earlier version of Knightmare)

    Shadowgate is a highly enjoyable game!  ;D

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • MyattM
      MyattM
      Myatt
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Yes, I used to have this game for the Atari ST but I did'nt get very far at all, must have only made it 3 rooms through but I was quite young. It took me ages to get through the door at the very start!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • G
        G
        Gerz
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I complete the game, recently ( I Dug it out as Knightmare inspired me to go all nosiglic)

        Its dead tough!

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • ?
          ?
          Guest
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Sounds like some copying of ideas, could break copyright rules.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • G
            G
            GranitArse2003
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I agree that sounds like first degree copywrite fraud to me Geust_user.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • G
              G
              Gerz
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Well it was made in the USA roughly the same time as Knightmare, so I doubt they copied each other.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • D
                D
                DavidNewton
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I've never played the original, but I tried to get through Shadowgate Classic on the Gameboy - it was enjoyable but at the same time one of the most awkward games I've ever played (had to resort to an FAQ every five minutes to get past it. But then maybe I'm just thick.) Hundreds of instant deaths as well. It reminded me of a Fighting Fantasy gamebook, really.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                • Login

                • Don't have an account? Register

                • Login or register to search.
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Categories
                • Recent
                • Tags
                • Popular
                • Users
                • Groups
                Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                The Team

                Join
                Submissions
                Contact
                KM Chat
                Privacy Policy

                The Site

                About
                Search
                Site Map
                Terms & Conditions
                Q&A

                Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.