Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Series 3

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Series and Episode Discussion
  3. Series 3
  4. Those early skulls...

Those early skulls...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Series 3
4 Posts 3 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • VeldaV
    VeldaV
    Velda
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I've been watching a few episodes of Series 3 on Youtube (Leo's quest, specifically) and every time a skull ghost appeared (once on each level), I got a shudder down my spine. I think it's something to do with the appearance of the skull combined with the ominous sound it makes, I've decided that those early ones are the scariest of all the floating threats. There's just something so...dangerous about them, you feel they'd sap a LOT more life force from you than the later skulls/pookas.

    Who else agrees?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • HStormH
      HStormH
      HStorm
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I do. I'm not sure why, but I always found them far scarier than the season 4 skull-hauntings or Stormgeists.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • VeldaV
        VeldaV
        Velda
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Maybe it's because they look more like real skulls, with their empty eye sockets and "mouth".

        I was watching James' quest yesterday, the poor lad didn't have much chance of surviving that chamber with TWO of the nasties chasing him!

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • BrotherStrangeB
          BrotherStrangeB
          BrotherStrange
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Maybe it's because they look more like real skulls, with their empty eye sockets and "mouth".

          I was watching James' quest yesterday, the poor lad didn't have much chance of surviving that chamber with TWO of the nasties chasing him!

          I'd agree with that, very sinister. Up there with troll footsteps (S7 ans S8) for me, the way they get louder... or Aridane full stop!

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Groups
          Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

          The Team

          Join
          Submissions
          Contact
          KM Chat
          Privacy Policy

          The Site

          About
          Search
          Site Map
          Terms & Conditions
          Q&A

          Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
          © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.