Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Age for Knightmare

Age for Knightmare

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
4 Posts 4 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • B
    B
    blackjack
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I have often wondered what ages would enjoy watching Knightmare nowadays, remembering the reasons sited for axing the show as the shift of the demography into computer games etc. The core age in its day seemed about 12-14, give or take a year or two each side. I can't imagine modern kids that age showing much interest in the program. VR if I recall used two aged 11 and 9.

    Also I wonder what the age limits were for entering the show. Some looked about 16ish and probably the cut off was about here. There was also one inparticular (Jeremy from s4 I think) where two advisors looked no more than 11 and probably younger.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • JamesAJ
      JamesAJ
      JamesA
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I would say that the age range for watching Knightmare in these modern times would be around mid-20s to mid-30s as young adults relive the memories of what a fantastic programme Knightmare was when it was broadcast. Maybe the nostaligia could eventually reach early teens as they see for themselves how good Knightmare was - I know we currently have a couple of forum members in their late teens so we can only live in hope.

      Back in the day, the generally accepted age for kids to apply on the programme was 11-15 years (i.e. were in secondary school). I know some of the contestants looked more 16-17ish, so maybe the production team agreed to be a bit lenient on this policy for some exceptions.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • MystaraM
        MystaraM
        Mystara
        Administrators
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        hmmm, I could be wrong, but I think the age range is greater than 11-15.

        Alex must be about 5.5 years older than me, and I was 11 when I was on the show.

        https://www.twicetwice.co.uk/

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • C
          C
          Canadanne
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I certainly found it hard to believe that some of the later teams were as young as 15, they looked more like uni students!

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Groups
          Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

          The Team

          Join
          Submissions
          Contact
          KM Chat
          Privacy Policy

          The Site

          About
          Search
          Site Map
          Terms & Conditions
          Q&A

          Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
          © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.