Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Reminds me of Knightmare

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Reminds me of Knightmare
  3. Memory Lane

Memory Lane

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Reminds me of Knightmare
4 Posts 2 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • shadow6162S
    shadow6162S
    shadow6162
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I've just taken my Latin teacher down memory lane today. Since it's the last day of school today, the only thing I brought in was a pen and my book 'Knightmare: Fortress of Assassins'. We only had a 30 minute lesson so my teacher asked what we wanted to do. The 13 of us pondered and I jokingly showed my book to him and said: "I have a book with a face on a tree if that helps."

    He then told me that he used to love watching KM which surprised me. So for the other 11 people who barely knew about it, we showed them the first episode. We were all just laughing like mad, especially when the team was in the first room and were having trouble spelling out OPEN. It was absolutely brilliant!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • D
      D
      Drassil
      Senior staff
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Well done, Amy. I did Latin at school, and I chose it partly because I had enjoyed Brother Mace's appearance so much. Treguard mentions the Romans in Episode 1 so I suppose it was a fair choice.

      Will you be doing Latin again next year? If so, you could pick out Brother Mace's Latin moments and ask your teacher to devote a lesson to translating them! You might also impress the class by pointing out that on perhaps the one occasion when Hordriss uses a non-made-up Latin word, "Abesse!" to banish a haunting in Quest 1 of Series 4, he is using an infinitive when he should really be using an imperative.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • shadow6162S
        shadow6162S
        shadow6162
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Yes I am doing it next year! And that's a good idea!

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • shadow6162S
          shadow6162S
          shadow6162
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I might as well stick it here. I had a kind of GCSE test for my Latin and I got an A in it! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Groups
          Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

          The Team

          Join
          Submissions
          Contact
          KM Chat
          Privacy Policy

          The Site

          About
          Search
          Site Map
          Terms & Conditions
          Q&A

          Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
          © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.