Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Knightmare Convention

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Knightmare Convention
  4. Car Pool?

Car Pool?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Knightmare Convention
7 Posts 4 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • L
    L
    Lowebo
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Ladies and Gentlemen...

    So Norwich is a long drive from the North West, and trains are extortionate.

    Would anyone be interested in getting a lift with me to cut costs? My plan is either to leave Friday evening or v. early Saturday morning, and return Sunday morning. I'm coming from Chester, and would probably do this route: http://goo.gl/maps/EOXB5

    (Happy to do this one http://goo.gl/maps/NKqIl if needed)

    So if anyone isn't put off by the prospect of modern country music (although I would allow whoever sits in the front to take control of the music at times..!) let me know.

    I'm on twitter @LiterallyLowe too, just so you can see I'm a real person and not a goblin.

    Yet.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • D
      D
      Dessimat0r
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I would have taken you up on this offer maybe (I live in Birkenhead) but I already have expensive non-refundable trains booked! I'm also going to Knightmare Live on the Friday.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • M
        M
        Mashibinbin
        Staff
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I too am in your area - Wallasey - but alas have also booked train and accomodation now. Worked out £70 return for two straight through trains from Liverpool Lime Street.

        I am leaving on the 8.52am on the Friday getting into Norwich at 14.13 if you are interested

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • D
          D
          Dessimat0r
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          The train I'm getting is from Chester, then through to London, then to Norwich (I think). That's what redspottedhanky suggested anyway I didn't even know trains went to London from Chester. Also: you got trains that went straight to Norwich? I have to change a ridiculous amount of times at different stations, I think. Here's my itinerary:

          Journey: 1 Green Lane to Norwich

          Ticket type: Advance Valid only on your chosen service. Not refundable. Changeable prior to date of travel for a fee.

          Route: Virgin West Coast & connections

          Outward journey: 9 May 2014

          departs Green Lane at 11:54 travel by Train service provider Merseyrail to station Chester arrives 12:27

          departs Chester at 12:35 travel by Train service provider Virgin Trains to station London Euston arrives 14:39 ( seats reserved: Coach: D Seats: 01 )

          departs London Euston at 14:54 travel by London Underground to station London Liverpool Street arrives at 15:07

          departs London Liverpool Street at 15:30 travel by Train service provider Greater Anglia to station Norwich arrives 17:24 ( seats reserved: Coach: C Seats: 61 )

          Ticket type: 1st Advance Valid only on your chosen service. Not refundable. Changeable prior to date of travel for a fee.

          Route: Virgin West Coast & connections

          Return journey: 11 May 2014

          departs Norwich at 08:47 travel by Train service provider Greater Anglia to station London Liverpool Street arrives 11:01 ( seats reserved: Coach: J Seats: 16 )

          departs London Liverpool Street at 11:16 travel by London Underground to station London Euston arrives at 11:29

          departs London Euston at 12:05 travel by Train service provider Virgin Trains to station Liverpool Lime Street arrives 14:24 ( seats reserved: Coach: K Seats: 12 )

          departs Liverpool Lime Street at 14:43 travel by Train service provider Merseyrail to station Green Lane arrives 14:54

          And the journey was £71 >:-]

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • L
            L
            Lowebo
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I just looked out of curiosity; £70 direct from Liverpool, or £80 from Chester. According to Journey Price, it'll cost between £65-£80 in fuel for the trip - which reinforces my desire to drive, otherwise I wouldn't be back until around 6pm on the Sunday!

            The offer to drive still remains - per the route, I'm happy to pick up along it, doesn't have to be from the Chester-area!

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • D
              D
              Drassil
              Senior staff
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Evidently the convention should have been organised while most of us still had a Young Person's Railcard.

              Wishing everyone safe journeys.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • L
                L
                Lowebo
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Evidently the convention should have been organised while most of us still had a Young Person's Railcard.

                Wishing everyone safe journeys.

                Quite! Or two people bought a 'Two Together' railcard for the journey!

                1 Reply Last reply
                0

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                • Login

                • Don't have an account? Register

                • Login or register to search.
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Categories
                • Recent
                • Tags
                • Popular
                • Users
                • Groups
                Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                The Team

                Join
                Submissions
                Contact
                KM Chat
                Privacy Policy

                The Site

                About
                Search
                Site Map
                Terms & Conditions
                Q&A

                Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.