Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Short episodes

Short episodes

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
10 Posts 8 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D
    D
    Dunshelm
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I am currently enjoying season 4 on challenge. Albeit, Alistair's advisors all shout and once and if i hear another 'can one of you speak at once' i will go mad!

    Despite the unearthly hour I have to stay up for to watch it (benefits from the challenge logo not changing later to tell you whats on next), I feel the episodes are very short. Hardly anything happened in the last one. Why was this?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • E
      E
      Emii
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Probably because Advisors and dungeoneers are not scripted, and they cannot be forced to do exciting stuff

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • HStormH
        HStormH
        HStorm
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        When I watch TV in the small hours I always find that it seems to pass more quickly. It's not that the programmes are shorter, just that alertness is probably down. It's just symptoms of tiredness.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • ?
          ?
          Guest
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Yeah I find that too, also some episodes go a bit slowly, it's just fact.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • M
            M
            MoanaLiza
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I don't know if it's just me, but I find that if the whole episode consisted of just one or characters beside the antichamber ones, it was basically only in a couple of rooms that don't have much action in and there was only one quest or two quests in level one only then it seems to be shorter. Also series 4 was quite repetative so it didn't seem to last as long as other series' i.e. series 3 and also some episodes were slightly longer than others.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • G
              G
              GrimaldineGrimwold
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Yes, for me some episodes do seem remarkably short. Those are not generally episodes from Series 4, however, which tend to drag for me, because I don't enjoy them as much as other Series, on the whole.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • ?
                ?
                Guest
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Yeah, when I watch KM everyday on Challenge then the episodes seemed fairly long but, then when they changed it to once in 2 days the eps seemed shorter. Natural I suppose

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • K
                  K
                  knightmaredave
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  i found it quite amusing when alistair eventually stessed out at them look at the welleway for level 1 they all scrreamed at hima nd he hadnt a clue what they were saying tio him!!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • M
                    M
                    MoanaLiza
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I'm pretty sure that when he was going down the well, he said (amongst the advisors' shouting) "I can't go any faster", or did I think I heard him say that?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • C
                      C
                      Crispeater
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      What I think's rather a good sound effect is that the frantic screams of the advisors are heard echoing away as Alistair falls down the wellway.

                      They were an extremely excitable lot and, even allowing for the fact that they would never have seen it before (being the guinea pigs, as it were) they never stood a chance in the corridor of blades.  Bit like the second team in another series

                      Chris

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups
                      Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                      The Team

                      Join
                      Submissions
                      Contact
                      KM Chat
                      Privacy Policy

                      The Site

                      About
                      Search
                      Site Map
                      Terms & Conditions
                      Q&A

                      Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                      © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.