Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. That damned life force....

That damned life force....

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
62 Posts 32 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • N
    N
    Naitch
    wrote on last edited by
    #53

    I really liked the original life force.

    I mean it was creepy, but that added to it in my opinion.

    Esp. when it got to life force red, and the skull was disintergrating and the eyes would be spinning around.

    I quite liked the walking life force as well. Not as much as the original face, but I liked the way that too disintergrated at the end.

    The pie I was neither here or there with it. I thought it was a bit silly at first, but it didn't get me hot under the collar.

    Well, not as much as Majida anyway

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • D
      D
      darkDescender
      wrote on last edited by
      #54

      Steady now.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • T
        T
        TomDread
        wrote on last edited by
        #55

        Steady now.

        Who's this aimed at?

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • I
          I
          Ironlord
          wrote on last edited by
          #56

          Who's this aimed at?

          Naitch, presumably. Strangely enough, I imagined Dark Descender's comment narrated by the dog from the Churchill adverts.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • T
            T
            TomDread
            wrote on last edited by
            #57

            You think 1-5 life force was based on knight in 1-5 opening titles, Ironlord?

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • I
              I
              Ironlord
              wrote on last edited by
              #58

              It had never occurred to me before... but it would (possibly) have made sense if there was any way to use the same graphics.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • T
                T
                TomDread
                wrote on last edited by
                #59

                If they did, i think a great opening title sequence would be a similar knight riding to a castle/fortress and on the way his helmet disintegrates and his skin starts to peel of.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • C
                  C
                  chrysalis
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #60

                  The first lifeforce with the head was defenitly the best, interesting that they slowed it down in the latter part of its use. When watching nightmare as a kid I never noticed that the lifeforce was actually way too fast to be real time, but now watching the repeats it was noticeble quickly but I am watching season 6 which has a faster draining lifeforce animation.

                  My question is this tho, if the lifeforce wasnt relevant in scenes where there was no food and the team wasnt been rushed, does it have an affect if the teams lifeforce is damaged (not destroyed) by a monster or something?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • WhiteFloatingSkullW
                    WhiteFloatingSkullW
                    WhiteFloatingSkull
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #61

                    I heard once that Lord Fear has a love of Quiches...

                    Hush-finger gesture But you didn't hear it from me! 😮

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • D
                      D
                      DJones
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #62

                      I heard once that Lord Fear has a love of Quiches...

                      Hush-finger gesture But you didn't hear it from me! 😮

                      Just because Lord Fear has a certain amount of celebrity doesn't give you the right to write these libellous "Quiche-and-Tell" stories.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups
                      Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                      The Team

                      Join
                      Submissions
                      Contact
                      KM Chat
                      Privacy Policy

                      The Site

                      About
                      Search
                      Site Map
                      Terms & Conditions
                      Q&A

                      Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                      © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.