Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Mystara cover image

Mystara

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
MystaraM

Mystara

@Mystara
Administrators
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
1.4k
Topics
132
Shares
0
Groups
1
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Series 8 - Episode 8
    MystaraM Mystara
    Series 8

    In my experience with editing Notmare, I have always been amazed by how painfully obvious these things are when you know the correction is there but nobody else notices them.

    There are one or two with geek week as well where I know there was a bit of a funny and the editing has mostly (but not entirely) covered it up.


  • Series 8 - Episode 8
    MystaraM Mystara
    Series 8

    Obviously I have no idea who voiced Smirkenorff at the time. They hid that kind of stuff from us.

    However there is a related oddity in this room. Dunstan insisted on telling this particular joke and whomever voiced Skirkenorff didn’t know the format. In the original take, Smirkenorff burst out laughing as soon as Dunstan said “to get his pension”. Right at the end of our quest they brought Paul Valentine back in to rerecord the audio and tell the joke properly. If you listen very carefully, you can tell the audio changes.

    So it could be some kind of weird audio matching going on.

    The only other point of relevance is that to establish this shot, the puppet would need to be in the adjoining void (together with Clifford). It may be they were trying something to make the audio a bit less irritating for the dungeoneer (who would inevitably hear the audio twice).


  • Phrases used in Knightmare
    MystaraM Mystara
    General Discussion

    I'll see if I can dig that specific one out. We're putting together longer term plans for the scripts.


  • Phrases used in Knightmare
    MystaraM Mystara
    General Discussion

    I will need to look it up. But I have a stack of Clifford Norgate’s scripts and in some cases I seem to recall him rewriting the spells.


  • Forum change?
    MystaraM Mystara
    Announcements

    Well, hopefully y'all will look the new design, which makes it a bit more Knightmare.com.
    I've also made some modifications to the main site, to bring a few more things up-to-date and modern.

    I've also just finished a beta of an a Knightmare.com app. It is very funky 🙂


  • Forum change?
    MystaraM Mystara
    Announcements

    I will probably create a design a bit more fitting to the Knightmare.com website in due course. But at the moment my priority is to make sure the forum is working.

    In doing that, I've also been quietly making a bunch of changes to the main site to bring some things up-to-date. You probably won't notice much, but behind the scenes, a bunch of stuff has changed 🙂


  • Forum change?
    MystaraM Mystara
    Announcements

    That should now be fixed 🙂


  • Forum change?
    MystaraM Mystara
    Announcements

    Ah yes, I shall take a looksie in a mo.


  • Forum change?
    MystaraM Mystara
    Announcements

    The transfer is complete. Let's see how well it works 🙂

    Note that all users will need to reset their passwords. You will not be able to log in using your old password.


  • Forum change?
    MystaraM Mystara
    Announcements

    Hi Peter,

    Thanks for the voice of encouragement!

    Fortunately we will be transferring everything across. I admit the new design likely won’t be as tight as the current design (sorry Evelyn). But I think/hope the gains are worth it.

    And the design can be improved over time.


  • Forum change?
    MystaraM Mystara
    Announcements

    Howdy,

    After much, but not yet complete, consideration it seems likely that in the coming weeks we will move to a new forum package.

    The forum we have (phpBB) is stable and does what it says on the tin. But it's old and most of the updates that occur with it these days seem to be bug fixes and security fixes. I'd like to try and make the forum a bit easier to use and engage with. I'm therefore looking to move to the somewhat fancier NodeBB.

    New features

    NodeBB offers a number of features including the ability to give web notifications when someone responds to a post, or posts to a forum that you are interested in (no emails needed). It's also responsive and more suitable to a live discussion. It's easier to search, somewhat more robust to spam, and it is entirely practical for us to offer a web app at some point.

    It also has a live chat capability. This will be disabled initially. But in view of the complete lack of support for web->IRC bridges, I have my eye on it with a view to moving Knightmare chat to the web.

    What you need to do

    Nothing. All existing posts and forums will be moved over. It is, however, likely that you will need to reset your password once we have moved. Now would therefore be a very good time to make sure your email address is up-to-date.

    When?

    Could be soon. I've completed a first batch of tests that have reassured me that the transfer is possible and the minimum set of features I want are present. There are still some things that I want to check. But likely once I've checked those and I have a free weekend, the transfer will happen.


  • Spam messages- "XEVIL 6: the best program for ReCaptcha"
    MystaraM Mystara
    Website Feedback

    They've had their account deleted.

    I've also changed the permissions for Newly Registered Users so that they now cannot send private messages. I always wanted to avoid doing that, but I don't really see an alternative.


  • Convention DVDs?
    MystaraM Mystara
    Knightmare Convention

    I wonder if the Lords Of The Game pilot will forever remain a convention exclusive or if there might still be any future opportunity to see it. (And the pilot eps of Knightmare, for that matter. Would be cool if Tim could dig them out for the 40th anniversary next year!)

    I fear it’s unlikely. The pilot was filmed as “not for broadcast” so I imagine that legally it cannot be distributed. We did ask if we could include it on the DVD but although he gave it serious consideration, Tim said nay.

    I fear the pilots may have the same status


  • Convention DVDs?
    MystaraM Mystara
    Knightmare Convention

    Hi,

    I have looked through our correspondence from that time. As far as I can see you bought a regular ticket, which (as I told you at the time) did not include a DVD. You asked if you could upgrade it and I pointed out that the combined ticket you were after was only available during the kickstarter phase as a thank you to those that supported us.

    I do not have any email from you asking for a refund, nor any email from you to say that you were promised a DVD that did not arrive.

    Indeed, I have no record of anyone not receiving promised goods and sent out several warnings to speak up before the company wrapped up.

    You said you didn’t “get” to use your ask lord fear questions. I’m not quite sure what that means. Looking at this very thread, you seem to have previously said something similar and I asked for clarification and you went silent.

    Even though the convention company legally wrapped up 12 years ago, I will do what I can to get you anything you may still be owed. Feel free to PM me any relevant receipts/emails.


  • Picking items when failing to obtain clue
    MystaraM Mystara
    Behind the Scenes

    In the early series, there seems to have been a definitive, specific, laid out path. An item was used in a particular location and if you didn't have the item (for whatever reason) when it was needed then you died.

    The problem is that this lead to the situation where you can do badly in the clue room and still get through the dungeon by being lucky with your selection of items. On the other hand, if you did well, picked up exactly the right items, but missed a clue (or didn't understand the advice given) you were certainly dead. So bad teams could progress and good teams could fail, and it wasn't necessarily clear why.

    Later series seem to have eased up on this and there always seems to have been an alternative approach available for taking the wrong items (at least in level 1).


  • Knightmare chat web widget
    MystaraM Mystara
    Announcements

    Having finally lost my patience with KiwiIRC, I've changed the widget for Knightmare chat to a locally hosted version.

    It should, therefore, be less prone to going down.

    You can access it at: https://www.knightmare.com:9000/

    Obviously, the preferred method of access remains a proper IRC client.


  • BUT spell
    MystaraM Mystara
    Series 4

    BUT and TRANSFORMATION are one of the biggest outstanding questions across the Knightmare episodes.

    For reasons that may become apparent in due course, I managed to get an answer to this quest.

    1. It was intended that the team cast BUT followed by TRANSFORMATION.

    2. The spell BUT was intended to make Mogdred stumble over his words, specifically the word 'but'.

    3. TRANSFORMATION would cause Mogdred to transform into Merlin, whereupon he would open a door for the team to escape the room.

    4. The room was not the final room, but it was close.

    There remains some contention regarding the matter, so I need to have a think about how to best present things. Some things may be better left buried.


  • AI Pixar Portraits
    MystaraM Mystara
    Fan Creations

    These are brilliant!


  • The Next Generation of Dungeoneers
    MystaraM Mystara
    General Discussion

    Ahhhh cocomelon.

    Get ready for zillions of episodes of paw patrol


  • Fright Knight trophy
    MystaraM Mystara
    Fan Creations

    Thanks

    And never say never. These are high quality. I daresay Tim might be convinced to license something like this.

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

The Team

Join
Submissions
Contact
KM Chat
Privacy Policy

The Site

About
Search
Site Map
Terms & Conditions
Q&A

Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
© Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.